Dr Akash S. Rajpal
M.B.,B.S, D.P.H, D.H.A (TISS), M&A(TSB)
Head - Consultancy Services, HOSMAC India PVT LTD.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Website & Blog: www.akashrajpal.com
Profile updated on: 13/10/2010
A qualified medical practitioner with post graduate credentials in public health and hospital administration has worked in both public and private sectors for more than 12 years.
He has spent 6 years in Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation as Administrative Medical Officer and has worked on various PPP initiatives and landmark outsourcing projects. His stint in Dr L H Hiranandani hospital for almost 6 years involved operational management and spearheading the quality initiatives including the ISO 9001:2000/2008 and successfully receiving the 1st NABH accreditation in western region of India in record time of 6 months without the help of any consultant.
He was part of the core team at Dr L H Hiranandani hospital working towards receiving the prestigious IMC RBNQA Malcolm Baldrige National Quality award and going on to become the first private hospital internationally to win the Asia Pacific Quality Award.
He has presented various papers on PPP and Quality at national and international forums. A certified IT professional and a Mergers and Acquisitions professional from the prestigious Times school of Business, is a ISO 9001:2008 lead auditor, NABH assessor, IMC RBNQA examiner, and visiting faculty for various hospital management institutes.
He is an avid blogger and writes on issues related quality, operations, NABH and matters related to healthcare.
He is presently working as Head - Consultancy Services with HOSMAC India PVT LTD, a leading management and consultancy firm with its niche in healthcare sector.
- Administrative Experience of more than 12 years.
- Worked in both, Public and Private Health-care sectors.
- Results-oriented and professionally driven with significant experience in
developing and leading teams to deliver superior operational and business
- Experience in operational planning and developing Standard Operating
- Extensively involved in NABH accreditation & ISO 9001:2000 certification
- Visiting Faculty at Quality Council of India for NABH workshops.
- Visiting Faculty at Indian Clinical Research Institute (ICRI) for Hospital
- Visiting Faculty at Tata institute of Social sciences (TISS) for Hospital
- Extensively involved in streamlining IT services and creating a Business
- Skilled leader with exceptional client relations capabilities and outstanding
- Understanding of HTML and FTP, clinical software applications, HL7, DOT NET
applications, SQL databases and client/server environments.
- Fair knowledge on Mergers & Acquisitions (Alumni of the prestigious Times
School of Business – Merger & Acquisitions)
- Assessor, NABH & Malcolm Baldrige (IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj Award)